At a Glance
- little imagination is needed to step back in time thanks to elaborate refurbishing
- nice touches like fresh croissants and the "Sherry Hour."
- no elevator
- not all rooms have air-conditioning
Bombay Peggy's Review
Named and fashioned after one of the last of Dawson's legal madams, Peggy's is done in elaborate Victorian gold-rush style, with heavy, plush draperies and rich color schemes. Bathrooms have claw-foot tubs and pedestal sinks, and the beds have elaborate headboards. In the evening, sherry, port, and sweets are served in the parlor, and on summer mornings fresh croissants are delivered, while locally roasted coffee and tea are available in the rooms. The adjoining pub serves appetizers along with a large selection of single-malt scotches and martinis, including the "Spank My Naughy Ass," quite appropriate for the building's history. On nice evenings, the outdoor patio is the place to be.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
Lord Stanley Hotel in Vancouver BC Canada
Lord Stanley Strata Corp Management Company
When i escalated an issue to the manager (Wendy Krasovec) and then to the site manager (Michael Tham) i was told no Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more