Yukon Territory Travel Guide
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Plan Your Yukon Territory Vacation
Gold! The happy, shining promise of gold is what called Canada's Yukon Territory to the world's attention with the Klondike Gold Rush of 1897–98. Maybe as many as 100,000 people set off for the confluence of the Yukon and Klondike rivers, on the promise of nuggets the size of basketballs just waiting to be picked up. In the end, roughly a dozen of them went home rich in gold, but they all went home rich in memories and stories that are still being told.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Yukon Territory restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
Okay, we're down to two choices for the house for our trip, which will be a one-week "road trip" followed by a week in PEI doing Anne stuff and hiking and maybe horseback riding and just generally relaxing! Read more