- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- beautiful environment
- hotel rooms fairly unspectacular and motel rooms could use updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Cap-aux-Pierres Review
One of several properties established by the entrepreneurial Dufour family in the 1930s to support their 17 children, the traditional Canadian main building of this hotel has a long veranda with river views. Comfortable accommodations are also available in a motel section. About a third of the rooms have views of the river. The restaurant serves a mix of Québec standards and French dishes; summer entertainment includes folk dancing on Saturday evening.
- Address: 444 chemin la Baleine, Île-aux-Coudres St-Joseph-de-la-Rive, QC G0A 2A0 | Map It
- Phone: 888/554–6003; 418/438–2711
- Website: www.hotelcapauxpierres.com
- Location: St-Joseph-de-la-Rive
- 98 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–Apr.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more