- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
At a Glance
- beautiful environment
- hotel rooms fairly unspectacular and motel rooms could use updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Cap-aux-Pierres Review
One of several properties established by the entrepreneurial Dufour family in the 1930s to support their 17 children, the traditional Canadian main building of this hotel has a long veranda with river views. Comfortable accommodations are also available in a motel section. About a third of the rooms have views of the river. The restaurant serves a mix of Québec standards and French dishes; summer entertainment includes folk dancing on Saturday evening.
- Address: 444 chemin la Baleine, Île-aux-Coudres St-Joseph-de-la-Rive, QC G0A 2A0 | Map It
- Phone: 888/554–6003; 418/438–2711
- Website: www.hotelcapauxpierres.com
- Location: St-Joseph-de-la-Rive
- 98 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more