Side Trips from Québec City Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Side Trips from Québec City Restaurant Reviews
Some of the restaurants on the Côte-de-Beaupré and Île d'Orléans are open only during high season, May to October, so check ahead. But visitors who do arrive in season won't be disappointed by the dining options available. Fast-food or chain outlets are essentially absent from the island and your best—and most widely available—option is to sample some of the regional cuisine on offer. And while fine dining is the order of the day on Île d'Orléans, those traveling on a budget won’t go hungry, as there are some good pubs and family-style restaurants with fairly reasonable prices.
In Charlevoix, the same rules apply—call ahead if you're visiting from June to September or during the Christmas holidays. During summer, Charlevoix is a food lover's haven, with fresh berries and cheeses sold roadside and plenty of bistros in the towns. Pick up a map of La Route des Saveurs, a route through the region dotted with restaurants and farms, and taste your way to Tadoussac.
Browse Side Trips from Québec City Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's