Side Trips from Québec City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Side Trips from Québec City
Ski at Le Massif: This three-peak ski resort has the largest vertical drop east of the Rocky Mountains at just over 2,500 feet.
Farm-hop on Île d'Orléans: The "Garden of Québec" is covered with farmland and bed-and-breakfasts, and makes for the perfect overnight trip from Québec City.
Whale-watch in Tadoussac: A few hours north of Charlevoix, you can see small, white beluga whales—an endangered species—year-round in Saguenay River.
See Basilique Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré: More than a million people a year make pilgrimages to this church, named after the patron saint of Québec.
Take the bridge across Montmorency Falls: These waterfalls on the Côte-de-Beaupré are double the height of Niagara Falls, and a pedestrian bridge will take you from one side to the other.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe