Side Trips from Québec City Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2013
Experience a deeper understanding of this region's history and culture by venturing outside the city. In addition to the beauty of Montmorency Falls and Côte-de-Beaupré, get acquainted with rural life on the charming Île d'Orléans, known as "the Garden of Québec." There's much to see and do in the Charlevoix area—a diverse landscape of mountains, pristine lakes, and rolling valleys. Shops and galleries make Baie-St-Paul a hub for art lovers. Tadoussac offers rustic excursions, such as whale-watching and fjord tours.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Side Trips from Quebec City restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Side Trips from Québec City
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Quebec City Savings! Book at Auberge du Littoral Fr $113+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Quebec City: Book Fr $208+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $29/night less
- Journey on Holland America Line to Quebec City: 7 Nts Fr $449 Expedia
- $21.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Quebec Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Quebec City this May Fr $166+/Nt — $166 Expedia
Ski at Le Massif: This three-peak ski resort has the largest vertical drop east of the Rocky Mountains at just over 2,500 feet.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more