- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The town's British architecture and population reflect its settlers' heritage; most residents here speak English. Although Morin Heights has escaped the overdevelopment of neighboring St-Sauveur, there are still many restaurants, bookstores, boutiques, and craft shops to explore.
In summer, windsurfing, swimming, and canoeing on the area's two lakes—Claude and Lafontaine—are popular. You can also head for the region's golf courses (including the 18 holes at Mont-Gabriel) and the campgrounds at Val-David and the two lakes, which have beaches. In fall and winter, come for the foliage and the alpine and Nordic skiing.
Morin Heights at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Laurentians
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97-$127 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel over Weekends, Save 60% Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off — $120 Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire