- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The town's British architecture and population reflect its settlers' heritage; most residents here speak English. Although Morin Heights has managed to avoid most of the overdevelopment of the neighboring St-Sauveur, the town still has lots of restaurants, bookstores, boutiques, and craft shops to explore.
In summer, windsurfing, swimming, and canoeing on the area's two lakes—Claude and Lafontaine—are popular. You can also head for the region's golf courses (including the 18 holes at Mont-Gabriel) and the campgrounds at Val-David and the two lakes, which have beaches. In fall and winter, come for the foliage and the alpine and Nordic skiing.
Morin Heights at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Laurentians
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's