- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Knowlton (Lac Brome)
Knowlton is the quintessential Eastern Townships resort town, with Loyalist-era buildings, old inns, and its Volvo-driving, antique-hunting weekend visitors. It’s managed to retain its particular identity, with a main street full of stores selling antiques, art, clothes, and gifts. Interesting little restaurants have taken residence in renovated clapboard houses painted every color of the rainbow. A frequent feature on most menus here is Brome Lake duck, served in many different ways. These internationally renowned birds are raised at a farm on the shores of Brome Lake just a few miles outside town. The main regional tourist office is in Foster, one of the other old villages that constitute Lac Brome, but walking maps of Knowlton are available from many local businesses.
Knowlton (Lac Brome) at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Eastern Townships
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's