Side Trips from Montréal Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Side Trips from Montréal
Ski at Mont-Tremblant: For some of the best skiing east of the Rockies, Mont-Tremblant, about 150 km (90 miles) north of Montréal, also has fine hotels and restaurants as well as a lively ski village and great golf courses.
Take a Driving Tour of Eastern Township Wineries: The vineyards here are often compared to those in the Niagara Region and Okanagan Valley.
Visit Abbaye St-Benoit-du-Lac: The Benedictine monks built this splendid church—with its fairy-tale castle bell tower—on the shores of Lake Memphrémagog.
Spend a night among wolves in Parc Omega: Go with an experienced guide to explore the lives of these great predators in their natural habitat—the magnificent Outaouais region.
Go leaf-peeping... anywhere: From mid-September through mid-October the entire Laurentians, Eastern Townships, and Outaouais are ablaze with spectacular fall foliage.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe