Side Trips from Montréal Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Side Trips from Montréal
Ski at Mont-Tremblant: For some of the best skiing east of the Rockies, Mont-Tremblant, about 150 km (90 miles) north of Montreal, also has fine hotels and restaurants as well as a lively ski village and great golf courses.
Take a Driving Tour of Eastern Township Wineries: The vineyards here are often compared to those in the Niagara Region and Okanagan Valley.
Visit Abbaye St-Benoit-du-Lac: The Benedictine monks built this splendid church?with its fairy-tale castle bell tower?on the shores of Lake Memphremagog.
Spend a night among wolves in Parc Omega: Go with an experienced guide to explore the lives of these great predators in their natural habitat—the magnificent Outaouais region.
Go leaf-peeping... anywhere: From mid-September through mid-October the entire Laurentians, Eastern Townships, and Outaouais are ablaze with spectacular fall foliage.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $275 -- Montreal: 4-Diamond Downtown Hotel over Pride Week W Montreal
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel