Side Trips from Montréal Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2013
In the minds of many who live here, one of Montréal's greatest attributes is its proximity to the sheer physical beauty of the surrounding countryside. From downtown Montréal you can head in pretty well any direction and within an hour or so you'll be, if not quite in the wilderness, then at least in the thick of cottage country.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Side Trips from Montreal restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Side Trips from Montréal
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Nashville (One Way) — $227 Air Canada
Ski at Mont-Tremblant: For some of the best skiing east of the Rockies, Mont-Tremblant, about 150 km (90 miles) north of Montreal, also has fine... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Didn't find much info/tips for this event weekend so thought I'd post a quick one for future lurkers. Read more
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more