- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Plan to spend a whole day visiting the many sights and shops clustered around the Château Frontenac. Rue St-Jean offers plenty of lunch options. Or do as the locals do, grab a sandwich and bench in one of the area's lovely parks.
Mark out at least a half-day for walking the walls of La Citadelle—set out early in the morning to catch the changing of the guard at 10 am in summer. Afterward, picnic on the Plains, or try one of the many terraces on the Grande Allée and avenue Cartier.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe