- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Around Upper Town
Many people begin their tours in Upper Town, taking in the Château Frontenac, perhaps Québec City's top site, and the spectacular views. The Fortifications border this section of the city. Walk down rues St-Louis or St-Jean to get a good sense of where the wall divides the Old City.
If coming from Lower Town, take the funicular. Otherwise, consider braving one of the many staircases that connect the top of the hill to the bottom and bypass the line, which gets long in the summer. Shops and restaurants provide the opportunity for a quick rest along the way.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe