Quebec City Sights

Maison Louis-Jolliet

  • 16 rue du Petit-Champlain Map It
  • Lower Town
  • House/Mansion/Villa

Published 10/26/2015

Fodor's Review

Louis Jolliet, the first European to see the Mississippi River, and his fellow explorers used this 1683 house as a base for westward journeys. Today it's the lower station of the funicular. A monument commemorating Jolliet's 1672 trip to the Mississippi stands in the park next to the house, which is at the foot of the Escalier Casse-Cou (Breakneck Staircase).

Sight Information

Address:

16 rue du Petit-Champlain, Québec City, Québec, G1K 4H4, Canada

Map It

Published 10/26/2015

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Quebec City