- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Parlementaire Review
Despite its magnificent beaux arts interior and its reasonable prices, the National Assembly's restaurant remains one of the best-kept secrets in town. Chef Réal Therrien prepares contemporary cuisine with products from Québec's various regions. In summer, for example, the three-course lunch menu includes everything from mini-fondues made with Charlevoix cheese to ravioli made from lobster caught in the Gaspé. Other dishes might include pork from the Beauce region, trout from the Magdalen Islands, and candied-duck salad. Opening hours vary, but it routinely serves lunch weekdays from 11:30-2. Depending on the time of year, the restaurant also opens for breakfast and occasionally, Sunday brunch.
- Address: 1045 rue des Parlementaires, Montcalm, Québec City, QC, G1A 1A3 | Map It
- Phone: 418/643-6640
- Website: www.assnat.qc.ca
- Location: Outside the Old City
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed weekends July--Labor Day; closed Sat.--Mon., Labor Day--June. No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $217 & Up: Cheap Quebec City Stay Save with Hotels.com, $79/night less
- Save at 3-Star Four Points by Sheraton Quebec: $237 & Up in May Expedia
- Explore Canada/New England with Holland America Line Fr $699 Expedia
- $19.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Quebec Hotwire
- 4.5-Star Le Bonne Entente Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Hotels.com
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Before Beyoncé went into Blue Ivy baby-momma mode, Destiny’s Child taught the world an importa... Read more
Heading to Montreal or Quebec City for some French culture without setting foot off the continent?... Read more