Place d'Armes Review
For centuries, this wide square was used for parades and military events, although today, it's mostly strollers and buskers and visitors enjoying restaurant terraces. On its West side stands the majestic Ancien Palais de Justice (Old Courthouse), a Renaissance-style building from 1887. The plaza is on land that was occupied by a church and convent of the Récollet missionaries (Franciscan monks), who in 1615 were the first order of priests to arrive in New France. The Gothic-style fountain at the center of Place d'Armes pays tribute to their arrival.
View deals in Quebec City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More