Québec City Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Québec City Restaurant Reviews
A sea of bistros, sidewalk cafés, and chic, cutting-edge restaurants comprise the dining scene in Québec City. "Grab and go" is non-existent—be prepared to eat at a leisurely pace; dinner will usually take a few hours. Sample local fare—sip ice cider, indulge in poutine, and dive into sweet maple sugar pie. With cuisine ranging from traditional French dishes like foie gras and escargot to distinctly French-Canadian specialties such as tourtière (meat pie), Québec's thriving culinary community attracts tourists from around the globe.
With so many options, choosing where to go can be difficult. Many establishments post their menu du jour outside, so you can stroll along and let your cravings guide the way. However, bear in mind that reservations are a must at most restaurants during holidays, Winter Carnival, and in the summer months when the coveted outdoor terraces open. When ordering, remember that in the Francophone province, an entrée is an appetizer and the plat principal is the main course. Plan to tip at least 15% of the bill.
Browse Québec City Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe