- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Around Outside the Old City
It's a 15-minute walk from the Old City to avenue Cartier, but the bus system is excellent here and easy to use. There are many bus stops throughout Upper Town, and a number of lines run up and down the Grande Allée—so many in fact that if you're waiting on rue St-Louis, which turns into the Grande Allée just outside the city walls, you can pretty much hop on whichever bus comes by. If you do choose to walk, take a detour to avenue Laurier or avenue Georges VI for a tour through leafy green streets with gorgeous homes.
St-Roch, on the other hand, is less convenient by bus and from the Old City. Plan to catch cabs, which aren't hard to find, to take you there and back.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe