No two rooms are alike in this elegant 19th-century inn with beautiful views of Governors' Park and the St. Lawrence River, but every one of them is light and airy, with fresh paint, antiques, and hardwood floors. Some have brass beds, brick walls, or small balconies. Note that some bathrooms have only showers and no tubs. The building, erected in 1837 as a private home, was severely damaged in 1849 by a major fire in the neighborhood and rebuilt the same year by George Mellis Douglas, the medical superintendent at Grosse Île. The old stable was converted to a two-level deluxe suite at the side of the hotel.