Snow Slides in Québec City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Growing in popularity each year, the snow slide from Dufferin Terrace is easily one of the most exciting winter activities in Québec.
Glissades de la Terrasse. A wooden toboggan takes you down a 270-feet-high snow slide that's adjacent to the Château Frontenac. Three rides cost C$10. Québec City, QC. 418/829–9898.
Village Vacances Valcartier. Hop on an inner tube or carpet and shoot down one of more than 35 snow slides here. Or join six to 12 others for a snow-raft ride on one of three groomed trails. You can also take a dizzying ride on the Tornado, a giant inner tube that seats eight and spins down the slopes. Rafting and sliding cost C$34 per day, C$36 with skating and the Tornado. Trails open daily at 10 am; closing times vary. 1860 boul. Valcartier, Valcartier, QC, G0A 4S0. 418/844–2200 or 888/384–5524. www.valcartier.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe