Ice-Skating in Québec City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Come winter, ice-skating is one of Canada's most popular activities.
Place d'Youville. This well-known outdoor rink just outside St-Jean Gate is open daily October through the end of March, from noon to 10 pm. Skate rental is about C$5, and skating itself is free. A locker will run you C$1. Quebec City, QC. 418/641-6256.
Village Vacances Valcartier. You can go skating at night here, although closing times vary. It's located approximately 30 minutes from the city, and driving is the best option. The price for skating is about C$7 or included with park admission ticket (C$32). 1860 blvd. Valcartier, Valcartier, QC, G0A 4S0. 418/844–2200 or 888/384–5524. www.valcartier.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe