Hiking and Jogging in Québec City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Hiking and Jogging
Runners and foot soldiers have a choice of routes in areas like Battlefields Park, Cartier-Brébeuf, and along the waterfront in the city itself.
Bois-de-Coulonge Park. Along with Battlefields Park, Bois-de-Coulonge is one of the most popular places for jogging. 1215 Grand Allee Ouest, Ste-Foy, Quebec City, QC, G1S 1E7. 418/528-0773.
Cartier-Brebeuf National Historic Site. North of the Old City, along the banks of the St. Charles River, you'll be able to keep going along about 13 km (8 mile) of hiking and biking trails. This historic site commemorates the first winter the French explorer Cartier spent with the First Nations people at their villege of Stadacona, and also has a small museum and a reconstruction of a Native American longhouse. 175, rue de l'Espinay, Quebec, Quebec City, QC, G1K 7A1. 418/648-4038 or 888/773-8888.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe