Dog Sledding in Québec City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
For centuries dog sledding has been a part of the Canadian winter experience. Outfitters around Québec City generally offer excursions from January through March.
Aventures Nord-Bec Stoneham. This outfitter will teach you how to mush in the forest. A half-day expedition, which includes initiation, dog sledding, a guided tour of kennels, and a snack, costs C$110 per person. Overnight camping trips, snowshoeing, and ice fishing are also available. In summer this location offers mountain biking and kennel tours. Transportation between Stoneham (a 30-minute drive from the Old City) and your hotel costs extra. 4, ch. des Anémones, Stoneham, QC, G3C 0A4. 418/848–3732. www.traineaux-chiens.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe