- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Patisserie Au Kouign Amann
Patisserie Au Kouign Amann Review
This small bakery makes some of the best croissants in Montréal and the aroma of freshly baked pastries and quiches is transporting. The eponymous Kouign Amann is a delicious, multilayered sweet cake but it's the croissants that will make your visit to Montréal memorable. Owner Nicholas comes from Brittany and is passionate about his pastries. He might even suggest the proper way to eat a croissant if he sees you doing it the "wrong" way—according to him, it tastes best if you break it in half and bite through the many layers, although some schools of thought would have you bite off an end and proceed from there. Whatever you do, don't let him see you unpeel a croissant. There are only two tables here so take your order to go and sit across the street on the steps of the church. The patisserie is open from 7 am every morning.
- Address: 322 av. du Mont Royal Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2T 1P7
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more