- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Melina Phyllo Bar
Melina Phyllo Bar Review
It may be in the heart of Mile End, but this newly opened phyllo bar looks like it was transported directly from Athens, with food arriving on checkered cobalt-blue wax paper. Focusing on take-out, this charming spot turns out delicious spanakopita, with a perfect crunchy exterior, that's an excellent lunch on-the-go. The menu is brief, but every item is well made, including the Melina sandwich, with its spicy feta spread, kalamata hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, and graviera (Swiss-like cheese). Another must-try, the bougatsa, is a warm custard-filled phyllo pastry with cinnamon.
- Address: 5573 av. du Parc, Mile-End, Montréal, QC, H2V 4G9
- Phone: 514/270-1675
- Metro Rosemont or Beaubien.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Visit Montreal for Less: Hotels Fr $177+/Nt Travelocity
- Save in Montreal: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $910+/Nt Save with Expedia, $522/night less
- 3.5-Star Montreal Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $700 Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
i am so confused about quebec city. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more