- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Buckets of fried chicken or pork ribs basted in Dr. Pepper sauce are dumped on your brown paper-lined table for a meal to be eaten with your hands—it's all part of the fun at Icehouse. The popcorn shrimp, the corn bread, and the oyster po'boys or all recommended at this Lousiana-Tex-Mex inspired restaurant which is small in size but large in attitude and taste. Owner and chef Nick Hodge, who also runs Kitchenette in the Village, has a proven track record with concept restaurants. If you're up for it, try their homemade lemonade with bourbon (just don't call it Bourbonade, the staff scoff at it!).
- Address: 51 rue Roy Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1L8
- Phone: 514/439–6691
- Metro Sherbrooke.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more