- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Buckets of fried chicken or pork ribs basted in Dr. Pepper sauce are dumped on your brown paper-lined table for a meal to be eaten with your hands—it's all part of the fun at Icehouse. The popcorn shrimp, the corn bread, and the oyster po'boys or all recommended at this Lousiana-Tex-Mex inspired restaurant which is small in size but large in attitude and taste. Owner and chef Nick Hodge, who also runs Kitchenette in the Village, has a proven track record with concept restaurants. If you're up for it, try their homemade lemonade with bourbon (just don't call it Bourbonade, the staff scoff at it!).
- Address: 51 rue Roy Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1L8
- Phone: 514/439–6691
- Metro Sherbrooke.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- Closed Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more