- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Portus Calle Review
Sunny yellow and cobalt-blue decor greets you at this fabulous Portuguese restaurant run by celebrated chef Helena Loureiro. Seafood is served as tapas style or as main meals. Try one of their many specialties such as caldo verde soup (traditional potatoes and chorizo soup), chouriço (pork) sausage, or the grilled seafood platter for two. But it's hard to go wrong when the ingredients are top-drawer: fish fresh arrives daily and vegetables are local and market-fresh.
- Address: 4281 boul. St-Laurent, Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, QC, H2W 1Z4
- Phone: 514/849-2070
- Website: www.portuscalle.ca
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Book in Montreal Fr $193+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $76/night less
- May deal: Quality Montreal East / Olympic Parc Fr $136+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Montreal 10 Nts + Air as Low as $918 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more