- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
At a Glance
- revived style, but still plenty of history
- state-of-the-art bathrooms
- high-end shopping and galleries within a five-minute walk
- infinity pool with patio
- poor métro access
- Sherbrooke Street can be barren on weeknights
Check Rates from our Partners
Ritz-Carlton Montréal Review
In 2012, Montréal's grandest hotel reopened its doors after a renovation that wisely preserved important elements—the Palm Court, the Oval Room, the garden—and created a new Daniel Boulud restaurant and 130 additional rooms and suites, all with unsurpassed comfort. Locted in the Golden Square Mile, the new Ritz features much bigger rooms (after decades of complaints). In the bathrooms, the floors are heated, the tubs are extra deep, the Japanese toilets double as bidets, the towel racks are warm, the mirrors de-fog, and floor lights automatically guide you to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Gleaming hardwood floors are to be expected, but who could predict playful decor touches made from wine-coloured faux crocodile skin? Along with an infinity pool and deck, another coup is chef Daniel Boulud's open-concept restaurant and bar in the lobby: Try the black mojito.
- Address: 1228 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3G 1H6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–4212; 800/363–0366
- Website: www.ritzmontreal.com
- Metro Peel or Guy-Concordia.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- 98 rooms, 31suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more