- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- revived style, but still plenty of history
- state-of-the-art bathrooms
- high-end shopping and galleries within a five-minute walk
- infinity pool with patio
- poor métro access
- Sherbrooke Street can be barren on weeknights
Check Rates from our Partners
Ritz-Carlton Montréal Review
In 2012, Montréal's grandest hotel reopened its doors after a renovation that wisely preserved important elements—the Palm Court, the Oval Room, the garden—and created a new Daniel Boulud restaurant and 130 additional rooms and suites, all with unsurpassed comfort. Locted in the Golden Square Mile, the new Ritz features much bigger rooms (after decades of complaints). In the bathrooms, the floors are heated, the tubs are extra deep, the Japanese toilets double as bidets, the towel racks are warm, the mirrors de-fog, and floor lights automatically guide you to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Gleaming hardwood floors are to be expected, but who could predict playful decor touches made from wine-coloured faux crocodile skin? Along with an infinity pool and deck, another coup is chef Daniel Boulud's open-concept restaurant and bar in the lobby: Try the black mojito.
- Address: 1228 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3G 1H6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–4212; 800/363–0366
- Website: www.ritzmontreal.com
- Metro Peel or Guy-Concordia.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 98 rooms, 31suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more