- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Au Pied de Cochon
Au Pied de Cochon Review
Not for the timid, the menu at this famous bistro is an ode to whole-animal cooking... and fat. Chef Martin Picard—from the Food Network's show The Wild Chef—doesn't hesitate to serve pigs' feet stuffed with foie gras, pickled tongue, bison tongue, guinea hen liver mousse, pig's head for two, pork hocks braised in maple syrup, or oreilles-de-crisse (literally, Christ's ears, or crispy, deep-fried crescents of pork skin). But it's the foie gras that Picard really loves. He lavishes the stuff on everything, including hamburgers and his own famous version of poutine. Crowds pack the restaurant every night and all eyes are on the open kitchen, where Picard entertains, concentrates, smirks, and educates like a pro.
- Address: 536 av. Duluth, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2L 1A9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/281–1114
- Website: www.restaurantaupieddecochon.ca
- Metro Sherbrooke or Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
I'm looking for a language school in Montreal or Quebec City. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more