- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Kitchen Galerie Review
Keeping the menu small and structured, this homey bistro is an example of excellence through simplicity. The two chefs do everything—the shopping, the chopping, the cooking, the greeting, and the serving. They focus on six main courses, six appetizers, and three desserts, all inspired by what's fresh at the nearby Jean-Talon market. From the open kitchen, they serve classic Mediterranean dishes, including foie gras and rib-eye steak for two. That intimacy trickles down to the guests, who like to discuss the wine with fellow diners sitting at the 20-foot banquet table. The menu may change, but you can expect a pasta or risotto, plus two kinds of meat and two kinds of fish.
- Address: 60 rue Jean-Talon Est, Little Italy, Montréal, QC, H2R 1S5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/315-8994
- Website: www.kitchengalerie.com
- Metro Jean-Talon.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Sun. and Mon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Holiday Sale: Save 20%: Universel Montreal in May Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- Visit Montreal for Less: Hotels Fr $174+/Nt Travelocity
- Look no Further! Montreal 2 Nts + Air as Low as $579 Travelocity
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more