Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Kitchen Galerie Review
With its small menu, this homey bistro is an example of excellence through simplicity. The chefs do everything—the shopping, the chopping, the cooking, the greeting, and the serving, and the focus is on meats, fish, and vegetarian dishes all inspired by what local farmers bring to the next-door Jean-Talon market that morning. The open kitchen turns out classic Mediterranean dishes, including foie gras and rib-eye steak for two. The long 20-foot banquet table is a fun place to sit—the communal seating encourages diners to talk to their neighbors—though there are smaller tables as well.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. In Montreal, we sta... Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. The trip was mostly to see the superb exhibition Splendore a Vene... Read more