- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- pop art galore
- big high-ceilinged rooms
- lively bar in lobby with new boutique
- the pop art lurking inside a Grande Dame exterior isn't for everyone
- street parking is scarce
- rue St-Jacques is deadly dull after 6 pm
Check Rates from our Partners
George Marciano, the fashion mogul behind Guess? jeans, bought this opulent hotel—formerly Hôtel XIXe Siècle—to double as a personal art gallery and guest house for his well-heeled friends. (Note the Ferraris parked outside.) Marciano's collection of modern American art by Jim Dine, Frank Stella, Jasper Johns, and Roy Lichtenstein lines the walls, joining crystal chandeliers, 14-foot ceilings, and Second Empire moldings. Wood-paneled bedrooms, like those in Catherine Deneuve's suite, feature vintage photos of movie stars, airy bathrooms, coffee makers, and new carpets. Guests are fans of LHOTEL's location in the middle of the financial district and a block from the city's convention center.
- Address: 262 rue St-Jacques Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1N1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/985–0019; 877/553–0019
- Website: www.lhotelmontreal.com
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 41 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more