- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
At a Glance
- pop art galore
- big high-ceilinged rooms
- lively bar in lobby with new boutique
- the pop art lurking inside a Grande Dame exterior isn't for everyone
- street parking is scarce
- rue St-Jacques is deadly dull after 6 pm
Check Rates from our Partners
George Marciano, the fashion mogul behind Guess? jeans, bought this opulent hotel—formerly Hôtel XIXe Siècle—to double as a personal art gallery and guest house for his well-heeled friends. (Note the Ferraris parked outside.) Marciano's collection of modern American art by Jim Dine, Frank Stella, Jasper Johns, and Roy Lichtenstein lines the walls, joining crystal chandeliers, 14-foot ceilings, and Second Empire moldings. Wood-paneled bedrooms, like those in Catherine Deneuve's suite, feature vintage photos of movie stars, airy bathrooms, coffee makers, and new carpets. Guests are fans of LHOTEL's location in the middle of the financial district and a block from the city's convention center.
- Address: 262 rue St-Jacques Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1N1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/985–0019; 877/553–0019
- Website: www.lhotelmontreal.com
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 41 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more