- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
It's hard to know what to rave about first—the hunting lodge decor or the Québecoise cuisine. L'Orignal is the French word for moose, if you're wondering, and the restaurant's outdoorsy profile is reinforced in "chalet chic" details like maple tables, antlers, wooden paneling, and birch tree trunks. The menu is equally rustic, featuring boar shank, lamb burgers, deer, and grass-fed veal. All the game comes from specialty farmers in the region. If you get the chance, be sure to speak with resident oysterologist Daniel Notkin, who will happily explain his trade.
- Address: 479 rue St-Alexis, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 2N7 | Map It
- Phone: 514/303-0479
- Hours: Open every day from 6 pm
- Website: www.restaurantlorignal.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $80.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- 3-Star Auberge de La Fontaine Fr $184+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $74/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 3 Nts + Air as Low as $2,012 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We will be flying from NYC to Somewhere in Quebec for the last two weeks in August. The kids are 7 and 12. We want off the beaten path. I was thinking Gaspe and the islands, or perhaps Tadoussac...I Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more