- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Garde Manger Review
It's no wonder that chef Chuck Hughes has his own television show, Chuck's Day Off, considering how much charm and skill he possesses, attracting pretty young patrons to his trendy dinner club. And this boy can cook. Popular options include bountiful platters of seafood, rich lobster poutine, and hearty braised short ribs—vegetarians should probably head elsewhere, since fish and meat feature prominently on the menu. Reservations are recommended as the restaurant is small and quite popular. The bar, where flirting is in high gear, is a fun option for dining and hanging out. After 11 pm, the music is cranked up and the party rages until 3 am.
- Address: 408 rue St-François-Xavier, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 2S9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/678–5044
- Website: www.crownsalts.com/gardemanger
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more