- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Garde Manger Review
It's no wonder that chef Chuck Hughes has his own television show, Chuck's Day Off, considering how much charm and skill he possesses, attracting pretty young patrons to his trendy dinner club. And this boy can cook. Popular options include bountiful platters of seafood, rich lobster poutine, and hearty braised short ribs—vegetarians should probably head elsewhere, since fish and meat feature prominently on the menu. Reservations are recommended as the restaurant is small and quite popular. The bar, where flirting is in high gear, is a fun option for dining and hanging out. After 11 pm, the music is cranked up and the party rages until 3 am.
- Address: 408 rue St-François-Xavier, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 2S9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/678–5044
- Website: www.crownsalts.com/gardemanger
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more