- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bringing tapas uptown, this Spanish-inspired eatery is a chic yet casual place to gulp down imported wine and share plates of seared scallops wrapped in bacon. Recently renovated for maximum impact, Tapeo has a "must do" experience: book the chef's table in the open kitchen, where 18 people can watch the action and get special attention. Out of nowhere, a plate of confit cherry tomatoes with goat cheese will arrive, followed by other treats. Dessert, of course, is the house churros.
- Address: 511 rue Villeray, Little Italy, Montréal, QC, H2R 1H5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/495-1999
- Hours: Open Tues.--Fri. noon--3 and 5:30--11; Sat. 5--11; Sun. 5--10
- Website: www.restotapeo.com
- Metro Jarry or Jean-Talon.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Montreal Fr $223+/Nt Save with Expedia, $46/night less
- Book in Montreal Fr $140+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- Montreal 3.5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $666 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more