- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bringing tapas uptown, this Spanish-inspired eatery is a chic yet casual place to drink imported wines and share a few small plates. The seared scallops wrapped in bacon are always a good choice, as is the tender grilled octopus and the steak tartare. For a really unforgettable meal, book the chef's table in the open kitchen, where you can watch the action and get special attention; there's seating for 18 people. For dessert, order the house churros, the Spanish equivalent of donuts, dusted with sugar and served with a side of warm chocolate sauce for dipping.
- Address: 511 rue Villeray, Little Italy, Montréal, QC H2R 1H5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/495–1999
- Website: www.restotapeo.com
- Metro Jarry or Jean-Talon.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
A friend and I are planning a graduation trip to Quebec in early July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more