- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
A welcome alternative to all the French bistros in Montréal, this family-run eatery tips its hat to Southern cuisine. Chef Nick Hodge hails from Texas and his menu specializes in fancy comfort food like Maryland-style crab cakes, albacore tartare nachos, Japanese tacos with pulled beef teriyaki, gumbo, and lots of sustainable fish. You can watch Hodge braising lamb in the open kitchen or sit back and admire the stunning floors made from 200-year old barn boards. The napkins are white, but the atmosphere is casual, with a brisk turnover and friendly service. Try Grandma Hodge's bread pudding with Jack Daniels, her maple pecan pie, or the sticky sundae pudding with popcorn. Also impressive is the extensive whiskey menu.
- Address: 1353 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, The Village, Montréal, QC H2L 2M1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/527–1016
- Website: www.kitchenetterestaurant.ca
- Metro Beaudry.
- Location: The Latin Quarter and the Village
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more