- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Maestro S.V.P Review
Regulars belly up to the glass oyster bar and stay put. Owner Ilene Polansky imports oysters from all over the world, so you can compare the subtle differences between, say, a delicate little bivalve from Kumamoto, Japan and a big meaty Kawakawa from New Zealand. A free lesson in shucking techniques comes with the order. Famous guests, from Leonard Cohen and William Hurt to Laura Linney and Bo Derek, sign their oyster shells and Polansky displays them in a frame. If oysters aren't your thing, don't despair: Polansky also serves grilled salmon, king crab, calamari, and the inevitable moules et frites (mussels and french fries). Tuesday through Thursday, the menu features smaller, tapas-style portions to accommodate big groups of people who want to share.
- Address: 3615 boul. St-Laurent, Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, QC, H2X 2V5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842-6447
- Website: www.maestrosvp.com
- Metro Sherbrooke.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- 3-Star Kutuma Fr $124+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
- $106.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Up to 2% OFF on Montreal 10 Nts Htl + Air Fr $2,334 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
My fiancee and I are planning to go to Quebec City this October after our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more