- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
La Chronique Review
It's a pretty place with scarlet walls and black-and-white pictures, but people don't come to Chef Marc De Canck's small, 36-seat restaurant for the ambience or for the crowd; they come, quite simply, for the food. Without fuss or fanfare, De Canck has been cranking out the city's most adventurous dishes ever since he opened in 1995. The man doesn't seem capable of compromise or playing safe. His work seamlessly blends lightened French fare with Japanese, Italian, Chinese, and Creole touches. Starters like roasted scallops might precede milk-fed pig or some sort of duck prepation. Lobster, foie gras, and veal also show up on the menu. This is an excellent place to order the prix-fixe set menu—five courses are C$89.
- Address: 99 rue Laurier Ouest, Mile End, Montréal, QC H2T 2N6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/271–3095
- Website: www.lachronique.qc.ca
- Metro Laurier.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekends.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more