- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Toqué is slang for "just a little stubborn," as in Chef Normand Laprise's insistence on using fresh, local ingredients from the best providers. On the ground floor of a glass tower, this celebrated bastion of fine dining attracts government rainmakers and the expense-account crowd. The menu changes daily, depending on what Laprise finds at the market, but foie gras, duck, and wild venison are staples. Some clients wouldn't consider ordering anything but the seven-course tasting menu. Chitchat at the tables revolves around Laprise's latest award and how lucky everyone is to have gotten a reservation. You can also eat at the quartz bar, sitting on the comfy bar stools.
- Address: 900 pl. Jean-Paul-Riopelle, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Z 2B2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/499–2084
- Website: www.restaurant-toque.com
- Metro Square-Victoria or Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. and 2 wks at Christmas, no lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
ill be staying at le gite du plateau hostel and will be in montreal for 15 days. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful.... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more