- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Toqué is slang for "just a little stubborn," as in Chef Normand Laprise's insistence on using fresh, local ingredients from the best providers. Located on the ground floor of a glass tower, this celebrated bastion of fine dining attracts government rainmakers and the expense-account crowd. The menu changes daily, depending on what Laprise finds at the market, but foie gras, duck, and wild venison are staples. Some clients wouldn't consider ordering anything but the seven-course tasting menu. Chitchat at the tables revolves around Laprise's latest award and how lucky everyone is to have gotten a reservation. You can also eat at the quartz bar, sitting on the comfy bar stools.
- Address: 900 pl. Jean-Paul-Riopelle, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Z 2B2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/499-2084
- Website: www.restaurant-toque.com
- Metro Square-Victoria or Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. and 2 wks at Christmas.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Starting Fr $399: Great Montreal Price Save with Hotels.com, $125/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Montreal Fr $593+/Nt Expedia
- Super Sale! 5 Nts Nelligan + Air Fr $2,506 Travelocity
- $9.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more