- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Hôtel le Germain
At a Glance
- top chef Daniel Vézina in the restaurant
- deluxe Continental breakfast included
- quiet location in the heart of downtown
- connectivity panels project your laptop onto 42-inch screen
- on a charmless urban street
- parking is scarce and valet is $25
- the scene-y lobby is starting to bore regulars
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hôtel le Germain Review
The lobby in this sleek boutique hotel is a who's who of models, record producers, and all varieties of international hipsters who delight in the details like bedding designed by Québec fashion icon Marie Saint Pierre. Bed and bath are separated by a sliding "wall" of louvered blinds, another decor signature. Rooms kept their dark wood, but were lightened this year with white desks and decor accents. Most rooms have grand views of Mont-Royal or the skyscrapers along avenue du Président-Kennedy. If you need more space, there is also a pair of two-story apartments. In a coup, the hotel lured Chef Daniel Vézina from Québec City to run the knockout restaurant, Laurie Raphaël. Well fed, guests can ask for an after-dinner ride around town in an Audi courtesy car.
- Address: 2050 rue Mansfield, Downtown, Montréal, QC, H3A 1Y9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/849-2050; 877/333-2050
- Website: www.hotelgermain.com
- Metro Peel or McGill.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 99 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Montreal Savings! Book at Quality Downtown Montreal Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- $185 & Up: Cheap Montreal Stay Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Montreal Fr $897 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We're thinking of taking a trip to Montreal during the first week of September. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more