- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
On a popular street corner in Outremont, this French bistro creates good karma by heating its outdoor terrace for eight months of the year. The other winning move is the late-night special: between 10 pm and midnight, the table d'hôte menu (an appetizer and a main) is just C$27. Regulars gravitate toward the calf liver, salmon tartare, grilled Cornish hen, roasted cod, and hanger steak—all served with ceremonial aplomb on white linen tablecloths. It's no secret that the fries at Leméac are world-class, as is the weekend brunch. It gets busy, so reservations are recommended. Leave room for dessert: the Pain Perdu, a brioche with caramel and maple, is a specialty, and it's large enough to feed at least two people.
- Address: 1045 rue Laurier Ouest, Outremont, Montréal, QC H2V 2L1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/270–0999
- Website: www.restaurantlemeac.com
- Metro Outremont.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more