- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Casa Bianca Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- yoga classes offered
- private back terrace with flowers
- facing Mont-Royal and public tennis courts (fee)
- there are only five rooms, so book early
- creaky hardwood floors
- no soundproofing in bedrooms
- carnivores might miss bacon at breakfast
Casa Bianca Bed & Breakfast Review
Popular with love-struck couples with friends on The Plateau, this renovated mansion is an ode to French Renaissance Revival architecture. Its quiet and uncluttered entrance still has an original terra-cotta fountain, hardwood floors, and fancy moldings from 1890. Rooms are painted stark white and have broad, low beds. Claw-foot tubs and porcelain sinks—the taps say "hot" and "froid"—bring a smile to guests. Another thing that brings smiles: all bedding and cleaning products are organic. The vegetarian Continental breakfast, also organic, includes hot options and yogurt. Guests are free to use the Wi-Fi, fridge, and kitchen, provided all cooking is also vegetarian.
- Address: 4351 av. de l'Esplanade, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1T2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/312–3837; 866/775–4431
- Website: www.casabianca.ca
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- 3 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more