- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Casa Bianca Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- squeaky clean
- dripping with style
- organic emphasis
- facing Mont-Royal and public tennis courts (fee)
- there are only five rooms, so book early
- creaky hardwood floors
- no soundproofing in bedrooms
- serious carnivores might miss bacon at breakfast
Casa Bianca Bed & Breakfast Review
Popular with love-struck couples, this renovated maison d'hôte is an ode to French Renaissance Revival architecture. Quiet and uncluttered, the entrance boasts the mansion's original terra-cotta fountain, hardwood floors, and fancy moldings from 1890. Rooms are painted stark white, featuring broad, low beds. Claw-foot tubs and porcelain sinks—the taps say "hot" and "froid"—bring a smile to guests. Another thing that brings smiles: all bedding, food, and cleaning products are organic. The Continental breakfast, also organic, includes hot (vegetarian) options and yogurt. Guests are free to use the Wi-Fi, fridge and kitchen, provided all cooking is vegetarian.
- Address: 4351 av. de L'Esplanade, Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, QC H2W 1T2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/312-3837; 866/775-4431
- Website: www.casabianca.ca
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- 3 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $150 & up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% Off Le Westin Montreal
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Didn't find much info/tips for this event weekend so thought I'd post a quick one for future lurkers. Read more
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
Okay, my fiancee and I were originally planning a honeymoon to Greece or Italy, but our costs have overrun on our wedding (common thing I hear) and so I figured to cut back on the price of our honeymoo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more