- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
With a menu inspired by the ancient spice route, Rumi attracts a mix of chatty travelers, students, and foodies who appreciate eclectic food. Start with Persian black tea, then order small dishes of hodja (puréed eggplant) and wali (feta with basil), which are eaten with Uzbecki-style naan bread or pita baked in the traditional Indian tandoor oven. The dahl soup is a popular, as is the Layla salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, and basil, in a pomegranate vinaigrette) and the sweet and savory Tabriz dish—roasted cornish hen stuffed with prunes, apricots, cranberries, and orange. Candles on the wooden tables make for a cozy nighttime atmosphere. In summer the outdoor terrace is great for people-watching.
- Address: 5198 rue Hutchison, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2V 4A9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/490–1999
- Website: www.rumirestaurant.com
- Metro Outremont or Parc.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more