- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Brasserie Les Enfants Terribles
Brasserie Les Enfants Terribles Review
With its cavernous corner spot on Outremont's trendy avenue Bernard, sophisticated yet playful decor, and artfully prepared comfort food, Les Enfant Terribles packs 'em in at all hours. The menu at this brasserie-with-a-twist, owned and run by native-born Montrealer Francine Brûlé, is a mix of high-class cuisine and comfort food favorites: shepherd's pie; beef tartare with truffle oil; fish-and-chips; roasted salmon with tomato, mango, and basil salsa; and mac 'n' cheese. While the food is the main attraction, take notice of the interior decor: a lane from an old bowling alley was transformed into the bar, the metal chairs are from an area school, and a demolished barn's faded wood lines the walls. As for the photos on the menu and clear thumbprints infused on the glasses? Those are from Brûlé's very own enfants terribles.
- Address: 1257 Bernard Ouest, Outremont, Montréal, QC, H2V 1V8 | Map It
- Phone: 514/759-9918
- Hours: Open weekdays 11 am--midnight; weekends 9:30 am--midnight
- Website: www.lesenfantsterriblesbrasserie.ca
- Metro Outremont.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $97.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- 3-Star Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport Fr $188+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $20/night less
- Super Sale! 3 Nts InterContinental Montreal + Air Fr $994 Travelocity
- $9.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We will be flying from NYC to Somewhere in Quebec for the last two weeks in August. The kids are 7 and 12. We want off the beaten path. I was thinking Gaspe and the islands, or perhaps Tadoussac...I Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more