- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Schwartz's Delicatessen Review
Schwartz's has no frills and could use a decor update, but that's all really beside the point because eating here is all about the thick sandwiches. The cooks do such a good job of curing, smoking, and slicing beef brisket that even when it's 20 below zero, locals don't mind lining up to get a seat at the city's most famous deli. Fodorites agree, it's worth the wait for the smoked meat sandwich on rye, with fries. Both Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry couldn't resist the medium-fat sandwich. Try to avoid lunch and dinner hours, as the wait is long. If you're in a rush, use the takeout counter next door.
- Address: 3895 boul. St-Laurent, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1X9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–4813
- Hours: Sun.–Thurs. 8 am–12:30 am; Fri. 8 am–1:30 am; Sat. 8 am–2:30 am
- Website: www.schwartzsdeli.com
- Metro Sherbrooke.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more