- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Elegant and old-school, Moishe's is one of Montreal's premier steakhouses. Since 1938, the Lighter family has been hands on when it comes to selecting and aging their own steaks. The specialty is grilled meat, accompanied by Moishe's famous buttery Monte Carlo potato—the inside of a potato is scooped out, mixed with milk, butter, cream, and chives and then put back into the skin. Fresh oysters area great way to start and, the traditional Caesar salad is good accompaniment to the main event. Lambchops and various fresh fish preparations are available, but make no mistake, this is a steakhouse. The $25 "Three Hours to Midnight" special (after 9 pm) Thursday through Saturday is a great deal.
- Address: 3961 boul. St-Laurent, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1Y4 | Map It
- Phone: 514/845–3509
- Website: www.moishes.ca
- Metro St-Laurent.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more