- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Book a table in one of the front window alcoves and watch the carriages jostle by over the cobblestones as you dine. You can order à la carte—try the tuna steak or the venison—but the restaurant's best deal is the seven-course tasting menu, which includes such classics as lobster bisque flavored with anise, and breast of duck cooked with maple syrup and berries. Don't be intimidated by the number of courses, because portions are generally smaller than main-menu versions. Their delivery is gently paced by one of the city's most professional staffs. Regulars and guests from afar, including Sharon Stone, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, and tennis star Roger Federer, are no doubt charmed by host Michael Banks, a leading tastemaker and bon vivant in the Old Port. Guests that never want to leave might be heartened to discover there's a small inn upstairs.
- Address: 443 rue St-François-Xavier, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 2T1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/844-4368
- Website: www.restaurantbonaparte.ca
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekends and Monday and Tuesday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Book in Montreal: Save this May Fr $113+/Nt Expedia
- $259 & Up: Cheap Montreal Stay Save with Hotels.com, $32/night less
- Montreal 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $800 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more