- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Le Marriott Château Champlain
At a Glance
- expansive views
- park-side location
- top three floors have private lounges
- a favorite for parties, proms and receptions who want the freshly-renovated banquet room
- off-putting reception desk
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Marriott Château Champlain Review
An icon from the 1967 Olympics, this 36-floor skyscraper attracts business guests and families alike. Distinctive half-moon windows give the rooms wonderful views of Mont-Royal to the north and the St. Lawrence River to the south and east. While the lobby and halls could use a full renovation, the cozy rooms have been completely updated, with "plug and play" desk consoles for electronic devices and an extra privacy door for the bathroom. Free WiFi was also added, and each room has climate control. Convenient underground passageways connect the hotel with the Bonaventure métro station and Place Ville-Marie, but opt to spend one night in at the new gastro-pub restaurant in the lobby, run by Executive Chef Richard Edwards.
- Address: 1050 rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/878–9000; 800/200–5909
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Metro Bonaventure.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- 578 rooms, 33 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more