- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Marriott Château Champlain
At a Glance
- expansive views
- park-side location
- top three floors have private lounges
- a favorite for parties, proms and receptions who want the freshly-renovated banquet room
- off-putting reception desk
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Marriott Château Champlain Review
An icon from the 1967 Olympics, this 36-floor skyscraper attracts business guests and families alike. Distinctive half-moon windows give the rooms wonderful views of Mont-Royal to the north and the St. Lawrence River to the south and east. While the lobby and halls could use a full renovation, the cozy rooms have been completely updated, with "plug and play" desk consoles for electronic devices and an extra privacy door for the bathroom. Free WiFi was also added, and each room has climate control. Convenient underground passageways connect the hotel with the Bonaventure métro station and Place Ville-Marie, but opt to spend one night in at the new gastro-pub restaurant in the lobby, run by Executive Chef Richard Edwards.
- Address: 1050 rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/878–9000; 800/200–5909
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Metro Bonaventure.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 578 rooms, 33 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more