- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- elaborate Continental breakfast
- huge rooms with fireplaces
- easy access to museum district
- located at busy intersection
- has no in-hotel métro access
- too staid for children and possibly some adults
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Château Versailles Review
Dignified clientele appreciate the Versailles' luxury inside 20th-century beaux-art architecture, reflected in the Versailles' two elegant mansions with high ceilings, plaster moldings, and antique furnishings. Marble fireplaces in many of the guest rooms and public spaces still work—a treat on chilly evenings. Wake up to the elaborate Continental buffet-style breakfast with frittatas, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, cheeses, and pâté. The back garden has been restored to its former glory, featuring cornflowers, wild ivy, and a water fixture to evoke the 1911-era charm.
- Address: 1659 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC, H3H 1E3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/933-3611; 888/933-8111
- Website: www.versailleshotels.com
- Metro Guy-Concordia.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 62 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Book in Montreal Fr $144+/Nt Hotels.com
- Small budget: Book Delta Centre-Ville 3 Nts in May Fr $224+/Nt Save with Expedia, $33/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 2 Nts + Air as Low as $571 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more