- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Auberge les Passants du Sans Soucy
At a Glance
- exquisitely personal service
- guests can use the fridge downstairs
- air-conditioning in each room
- rooms need to be booked far in advance
- carpeting up the stairs is well-worn
- parking is a hassle
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge les Passants du Sans Soucy Review
Daniel Soucy, one of the friendliest and most urbane hosts you're likely to run into, will go out of his way to make you feel like a houseguest rather than a customer—if you're lucky enough to snag one of his nine rooms, that is. And some regulars would rather delay their vacation than stay anywhere else. No wonder: the rooms have faux fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, brass beds, stone walls, exposed beams, whirlpool baths, and lots of freshly cut flowers. For breakfast you can select from dishes like salmon omelets and French toast, all served in front of a stained-glass wall, under a skylight, beside a fireplace. In the summer, sip your morning coffee in the cobblestone garden. (Or you can opt to have a continental breakfast delivered to your room.) This classy auberge was the first of its kind in the Old Port when it opened back in 1989, and all subsequent properties struggle to live up to its standard.
- Address: 171 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1Z5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–2634
- Website: www.lesanssoucy.com
- Metro Square-Victoria or Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 8 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
ill be staying at le gite du plateau hostel and will be in montreal for 15 days. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful.... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more