- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auberge de la Fontaine
At a Glance
- joggers paradise
- Fodorites like the park-side location on a bicycle trail, near restaurants
- kids under 12 stay for free
- outdated lobby is a little sad
- some rooms are quite small and not well soundproofed
- parking can be difficult
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge de la Fontaine Review
A winner of the city's Prix Ulysse for the best three-star hotel, this turn-of-the-20th-century residence overlooks Parc Lafontaine and one of the city's major bicycle trails. Built out of two adjoining houses with a signature yellow front door, the inn has welcoming flower boxes and big windows at the ground level. Serviceable rooms have exposed brick, whirlpool baths, plasma-screen TVs, and a few have private balconies with views of the park. The windows open, too, letting in fresh air. A copious continental breakfast is served in the dining room, and you're free to use the little ground-floor kitchen to keep snacks in the refrigerator.
- Address: 1301 rue Rachel Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2J 2K1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/597–0166; 800/597–0597
- Website: www.aubergedelafontaine.com
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- 18 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more