- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
You don't dine at Pintxo—you graze. And what a lovely pasture it is, too, with bare brick walls, white tablecloths, and a welcoming wine display near the door. Pintxos (pronounced "pinchos") are the Basque version of tapas of about two bites each, best enjoyed with a good beer or a glass of Spanish wine. There are about 15 pinxtos on the menu every night, ranging from tiny stacks of grilled vegetables to more substantial dishes such as duck tartare, foie gras, shrimp, octopus, and the crowd-pleasing strawberry gazpacho. It takes about six pintxos to make a meal. If creating your dinner one bite at a time doesn't appeal, there are larger dishes on the menu, too, such as black cod and beef cheeks braised in wine.
- Address: 256 rue Roy Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1M6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/844–0222
- Website: www.pintxo.ca
- Metro Sherbrooke.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.–Tues.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My wife and I want to come to the Just for Laughs festival in July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more